1. How do I go about getting a repair?
First, give us a call on 01908 753111 or fill in a quick quote form here. This will give you details on how much the repair should cost, how long it will take to perform and when we can fit you in as we operate by appointments only.
2. How can I get my device to you?
There are several ways to get your device here:
- You can come to our office and bring your device with you, then collect it when its done (Office address is Suite 160, MK Business Centre, Foxhunter Drive, Linford Wood, MK14 6GD).
- You can mail in your device to our office (to mail in you have to pay postage fees including return and it has to be a tracked mail option with enough insurance to cover the device value).
3.0 What are opening hours?
We operate Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9.00am-17.30pm and Wednesday and Friday 9.00am-15.00pm. Please note we work by appointments only, so you must to contact us in order to book a slot for you.
4. Do I need to pay in advance?
No you aren’t required to pay upfront. You pay in full when the repair is complete and you collect your device.
5. What are payment options?
You can pay by Cash, Card (most debit/credit cards accepted apart from AmEx) or Bank transfer (Bank transfer must be done before collecting device).
6. How long does it take to repair my device?
This depends on your issue. Phone part replacement can be a 30 mins to 3 hour job, computer, tablet and laptop issues might take longer to repair and it majorly depends on parts availability. Please always ask turnaround time when contacting us.
7. Can I wait whilst you repair my device?
Yes you can wait if the repair is going to be done in a short time frame and you’d prefer to wait around for it to be completed.
8. Will you delete my personal files?
We never delete any files from devices we repair. It is highly recommended to back up your device prior to bringing it in for a repair though. It is noted here that we aren’t held responsible for any data that is lost during the repair of your device if it has not been backed up beforehand.
9. Do you give warranty on repair?
Yes we provide a 12 month warranty on most repair jobs we complete. We always mention warranty length when we give you a quote so if in doubt please ask. Please note, that warranty is not insurance and does not cover physical or liquid damage.
10. Your quote has aftermarket and original (OEM) iPhone screen prices, what is the difference between these?
The main difference between original OEM and aftermarket screens (for phones and tablets):
- Colour difference (aftermarket screen usually is less vivid and bright/colours are a bit washed out).
- Touch functionality (aftermarket usually feels different, customers say not as responsive as original)
- Overall functionality (aftermarket screens failure rate are much higher)
- Internal cabling and other parts (aftermarket quality is much lower)
OEM meaning (Original Equipment Manufacturer), it is the same quality as the one found inside your phone originally and includes features such as Retina display and Oleophobic fingerprint resistive coating. Refurbished OEM has genuine internal parts such as LCD and cabling but might have front glass refurbished so it looks as good as new again.
Aftermarket screen replacement is usually chosen if device is being traded in, or device is being used by kids. Otherwise, if customers plan to keep the device, they usually choose a better quality replacement part.